St. Louis Medical College, 1898
From History of the St. Louis Medical College by T.G. Waterman (1898). The print is an architectural drawing of the newly constructed medical school building at 1417 Locust Street. The St. Louis Medical College moved into the building after working in a smaller structures at 23rd and Lucas, 10th and Washington, and 7th and Clark (see post on Nov. for a photograph of the structure at 7th and Clark, when the college was known as Pope College). The St. Louis Medical College merged with Washington University in 1891, becoming the latter's medical school. The building lasted a few short years, until the YWCA built the current structure at 1411 Locust in 1911, with a cornerstone-laying ceremony by President William Taft.