Navarre Building at 6th and Chestnut, 1908
From Building Laws of the City of St. Louis by the J.T. McAnulty publishers (1908). Another lovely advertisement from McAnulty shows the Navarre Building under construction at 600 Chestnut Street. Currently the home of Kiener Plaza (specifically, a row of trees along Chestnut in Kiener Plaza), the Navarre had tiled ceilings and tiled floors on its first floor and boasted fireproof construction. It was neighbor to a liquor wholesaler along 6th and to the Real Estate Exchange Building along Chestnut, but it was primarily an office building. One of the more notable offices located in the Navarre was for the Alton, St. Louis and Cairo Railway.