Masonic Home of Missouri, ca. 1920
From three eBay postcard listings are these images of the Masonic Home located at 5351 Delmar Boulevard. The original purpose of the Masonic Home was to house and assist the wives and children of deceased Master Masons, but later expanded to include assisting the elderly, the infirm, and orphans. The first buildings on the site were constructed in 1889, but these were replaced in 1914 and expanded upon multiple times (the newest structure was built in 1959). Due to budget constraints, however, the Masonic Home of St. Louis was closed in 1989 and all buildings on the site were demolished. The site is now occupied by the Metropolitan St. Louis Psychiatric Center.